C.A.R.E. is a very small, Los Angeles based organization which operates a true no-kill, cage-less sanctuary located in the high desert approximately an hour north of Los Angeles. If the prospect of such a drive is not daunting, and you are 18 or older, we would love to have you come up to help out!
If you're under 18, we're very sorry but volunteering at the sanctuary would not be possible because of liability issues. However, don't despair! You can help in other ways - please read on
- Visit our fur-folk and give them some special lovin', groomin' and treats
- If you have a good sized truck, we could really use help to pick up periodic donations from the San Gabriel Valley area and deliver to a board member's house in the San Fernando Valley or up to the Sanctuary
- Help with sanctuary repairs
- Pick up/return sanctuary pets for visit to our Los Angeles veterinarian
- Create new video/DVD walk thru for our sanctuary if you have some skillz in that area
- If you have a Facebook page, become a friend of ours at C.A.R.E.'s Facebook page and invite your friends to become one too
- Follow us on Twitter and get your friends to, too. C.A.R.E.'s Twitter page
- Join us on Myspace and tell your friends
- Join us on Best Friends Networkand tell your friends
- If you sell on EBay, designate C.A.R.E. as your beneficiary to receive a percentage of your proceeds via Missionfish
- If you shop at Ralph’s/Kroger, sign up to help us every time you shop and use your store card. Click the link above to log on or register; then “Community Contribution Program” and select C.A.R.E. #82984
- Sign up at Commonkindness.com and help us while clipping coupons
- Collect food, blankets, toys
- Tabling at local stores to develop new supporters and prospective adopters
- We need cage size cat little pans, new heating pads, hot water bottles, Gerber's Chicken baby food
- If you're under 18 (or not), you can make C.A.R.E. a special project at school or a group - have a drive to collect food, toys, blankets; have a yard sale to benefit C.A.R.E.; organize a rummage sale at your church or group and hand out fliers about C.A.R.E. We can send you a Word document suitable for printing.
Anything else you can dream up and develop the volunteer base to help with including:
- Grant prospecting
- Event development
- Volunteer coordination
If You're Under 18
And, now, in addition to some of the ways listed above, especially for those under 18, here are some links provided by the Best Friend's Network with ideas on how you can help homeless pets!
If you are 18+ and are interested in helping, please respond by email to email@example.com and let us know how you would like to help.
DON'T FORGET....IF THE SANCTUARY IS TOO FAR, YOU'RE NOT 18, YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME, WHATEVER REASON....JOIN US VIRTUALLY VIA THE INTERNET TO HELP SUPPORT THE CAUSE!